Piercing Bar Information
Studex 75 System
We use the Studex 75 Piercing System as it's highly rated, hygienic and safe.
This system uses hypoallergenic earrings with minimal discomfort.
The prices below are for your appointment time, supplied earrings (prices will vary for alternatives or additional earrings), and for Studex Aftercare Solution to take home.
- For ear piercing, anyone under the age of 16 will need parental/guardian consent, who must be present at the appointment.
- Ear piercing is available for children aged 7 and over.
- Photographic ID is required - For clients aged 16+, please bring a form of photographic ID with you, such as a passport or provisional/driving license.
- We do not offer piercing for babies, or children aged 6 and under.
Ear Piercing Information
- We offer piercing for the ear lobe or cartilage only.
- A choice of earrings and cleaning solution are given to every client.
- We will check your suitability for the piercing at your appointment – please note that piercing is not always possible due to the shape of the ear and positioning of capillaries.
- Unfortunately, we do not offer nose piercing at the moment.
- £40 for our standard piercing package.
- Price includes First Piercing Bundle (sticker, certificate & teddy) for children under 16.
- Please allow 20 mins for piercing appointments.
- To avoid infection, it is very important to look after your new piercing.
- Failure to follow the appropriate aftercare can result in a greater risk of redness, swelling and infection, or even permanent damage.
- Piercing the cartilage does carry a greater risk than when piercing the lobe, so extra care is paramount during the healing period to achieve a healthy piercing.
- It is advised to leave piercing studs in, without removing them, for at least 6 weeks.
- For the first 6 months after the healing period, do not go longer than 24 hours without earrings in or the holes may start to close.
- It is normal for the area to go red and feel hot after a piercing, as well as the feeling of slight soreness, and these will usually subside within 24-48 hours after your treatment, provided appropriate aftercare is carried out.
- If the symptoms persist and the area becomes infected, please let us know and seek advice from a pharmacist before removing the stud.
- Always wash hands thoroughly before touching the studs or pierced area.
- Cleanse the piercing thoroughly at least 2 times a day with Studex After Piercing Solution (without removing the stud).
- After cleansing, rotate the stud 180° left and 180° right, so half a turn, 2 or 3 times, ensuring that the site is cleaned thoroughly to avoid build-up of any product.
- Keep the pierced area dry at all times between cleansing . Keep cosmetic products such as creams, make-up, shampoos etc away from the piercing site.
- After washing hair, rinse the area with clear water and then cleanse with the Studex After Piercing solution as described above.
- Avoid swimming, bathing or exercising for 24 hours after the piercing treatment.
- After swimming, bathing or exercising, cleanse with Studex After Piercing Solution and dry the area thoroughly.
- Throughout the healing period, avoid rubbing the piercing site, particularly when washing hair.
- Remove the studs or handle your ear and/or studs unnecessarily.
- Push the butterfly along the post towards the ear. The butterfly must always be positioned at the tip of the post – feel the position each time you clean the ear. It must feel smooth. This ensures that the earring remains loose during the healing period and is essential as tight earrings may lead to inflammation.
- Wear other styles of studs or hoops (other than post-style ie fish hook, screw, L-shape) for 6 months (ear lobe) or 12 months (cartilage). The hole will take this long to fully form and you may be restricted to what style studs or hoops you can wear later on if the hole adjusts itself in this time.
- Keep studs out for any length of time during the first 6 months (lobe) or 12 months (cartilage) - studs should be worn continuously for this period of time.
- Leave studs in continuously for: 6 weeks (ear lobe), 12 weeks (cartilage).
- After the time frame listed above, the studs can be removed and other post-type earrings can be worn continuously.
- Use only post-style earrings for the first 6 months (lobe) or 12 months (cartilage), as the hole will take this amount of time to fully form. Other styles worn in this time period may adjust the hole and restrict you on what can be worn later on.
- For the first 6 months (lobe) or 12 months (cartilage), posts should be a surgical grade of stainless steel or other hypoallergenic material.